Friday, April 24, 2015

When your heart beats in your head ~

I found myself on a ride up Mount Tamalpais last Sunday morning with some of the most fit bicycle riders in history. Greg LeMond and Tony Tom were two of us in a group of eight and I had to laugh. At least I had my GoPro mounted to my handlebars to capture the video below and remind myself of this when I'm old and filled with only wistful memories.

When the group stopped about half way (or maybe even just a quarter way) up Mt. Tam, Greg LeMond looked over to me and remarked, "you could benefit from an electric assist on your rear tire, they have them now." Well, coming from him -- I told him I wasn't going to be too upset.

Then I asked him "Greg, do you feel your heartbeat in your head right now? Because I do." And I wondered to myself if this was a prelude to a stroke.

I obviousy survived and it was one of the best experiences of my life to meet and ride with a legend I have been following since the 1980's when I was riding my own Nishiki on long distances up the coast of California from Santa Barbara.



Ride with Tony from Anna MacKinnon on Vimeo.

No comments: