Monday, October 16, 2017

Oaklandish events last night ~ double "wow"

Two incredible experiences last night and both were a first for me. Going to the Paramount Theatre in Oakland and seeing Ludovico Einaudi perform live on stage. One of my favorite pieces of his, Nuvole Bianche can be listened to at the bottom of this post on YouTube.

I discovered this artist via Pandora Radio one day five years ago and I find some of his pieces very moving. At this sublime venue on stage, he was as impressive as ever.

The theatre itself is worth reading about here, such interesting history.

the details inside the historic theatre


can't resist a selfie of me and Heba in the lobby before the show

the ceiling, patented design by original architect Timothy L. Pflueger

image from last night's show toward the end, slowly rotating on screen


details in the theatre
captivating and ever-changing neon light show out front



wall of light in the lobby ~ stunning




No comments: