Saturday, May 27, 2017

Kinetic Grand Championship 2017 in Arcata today

Today was a big deal in Arcata, California. I knew about this famous event having seen it in Ferndale on Memorial Day of 2007 so I vowed to see it at it again at some point. The Kinetic Grand Championship has been going continuously for 49 years from Arcata to Ferndale. It is called the "Triathlon of the Art World" because art and engineering are combined with physical endurance during a three-day cross country race that includes sand, mud, pavement, a bay crossing, a river crossing and major hills using human powered works of art. It is quite a spectacle and I really enjoyed my few hours this morning looking at the whole thing and the great people involved. One lady said "happy kinetic day" as I passed her on the sidewalk.














No comments: