Thursday, May 21, 2015

Babysitting in Portland

For several years now since the television series Portlandia has been on the air, I've had people suggest I watch it because "it reminds them of me somehow". Two nights ago I began watching some episodes on Netflix for the first time because I'm physically staying here in Portland so why not? Some of the sketches are good and spot on for me and some are like a Hieronymous Bosch painting, where they leave me with a sense of irony and ambiguity and wondering if I should be appreciating them while being stoned.

As I write this post looking out on a fog laden sky, I'm hearing from a neighboring house the occasional wailing screams of a baby. Therefore I have to share my favorite sketch I watched on the show which does indeed "remind me of me" and might be what I would have done with a baby.

No comments: