Thursday, September 4, 2014

Imposing order to a chaotic world -- knolling away whenever possible

I learned this morning about the concept of "knolling" as I read through my e-mail. It is "the process of arranging like objects in parallel or 90 degree angles as a method of organization." Then I watched this brief video about it and had to laugh out loud. After working with architects for over a decade, a few of them naturally do this and in my genetic make-up ~ I've had a keen urge to do this too most of my life. I've surmised that it must have to do with wanting to impose order on our chaotic and mostly disorganized world. Sometimes I'll even knoll my closet while on the phone (using a headset) having an important call.  I'm sure this will manifest into some kind of diagnosible mental disorder one day.  #knollitall #moo.com 

LIPSTICK KNOLLING ~ because lipsticks are interesting and beautiful in their design

MAKEUP DRAWER KNOLLING ~ because make-up attempts to put beauty and order onto a woman's face

No comments: