Monday, June 24, 2013

Up in Mendo ~ for a day


Last Friday the pristine weather called out for a wee moto trip up the coast immediately following work. One of my all time favorite destinations is a small unincorporated town called Elk in Mendocino County on the coast.  Leaving San Francisco and avoiding the parking lot that is Highway 101, I took the US 1 all the way up... some four hours later I arrived at the Elk Cove Inn for the night.  Almost all the rooms look out onto the Ocean, the sound of waves gently breaking on the beach is constant.  The Inn immediately impressed me with special parking for motorcycles and bicycles only at the very front but additionally, it is quaint with lush gardens, beautifully situated with a gazebo and warm, inviting public spaces.
not often does this kind of treatment get priority

view from my room

The next morning I was out by 10am to take a whole day to get back home slowly along the Coast





No comments: