- A parable and a must read at some point in everyone's life… The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho.
- The Geography of Bliss, a great read with out loud humorous parts and then you can "friend" the author Eric Weiner on Facebook, he's cool.
- Louis CK Everything's Amazing & Nobody's happy ~ youtube that is out loud good stuff. The message is so true.
- All people looking for happiness and possibly limitless joy must watch Where the Hell is Matt 2012 because the enthusiasm is contagious.
- Lastly, the Kahlil Gibran quote on my blog that reads "Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens. "
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Last night I attended a lecture with Dr. Srikumar S. Rao who spoke at length about his latest book topic happiness with one's work. In fact, Fast Company had an article at the beginning of June speaking with Dr. Rao himself. His teaching centers on how the mind and one's attitude, harnessing the thoughts consciously is the key to unlocking one's potential. For the past decade I've been interested in this topic and this blog supports that. When asked this morning to come up with a few books, quotes, web-links to expound upon my learning ~ this is a short list of what I recommend:
at 10:51 AM