Sunday, January 2, 2011

Evidence that it's a New Year

Yesterday morning I went out to do a survey of the land following a night of merriment. I personally can never manage to see in the New Year at midnight as I'd rather be studying the inside of my eyelids and this year was no exception. Here's a short list of some of the things I found: a flat silver Happy New Year cardboard hat on the sidewalk and not much further there were three empty hip flask size bottles of Hennessy Cognac and a discarded silver balloon on a silver string. I walked further toward Cavallo Point and another errant inflated silver balloon on a string was on the side of the road. I saw the "mother load" of balloons though at 10:50am yesterday as I peered across the parade ground in the rain and saw this quintet of black and silver balloons as they trundled toward the bay in the light storm wind. This photograph shows the balloons and I couldn't help but smile to remember one of my favorite movies as a child THE RED BALLOON that really left an impression on me.





1 comment:

John said...

Mademoiselle:
Une filme pour vous, s'il vous plait:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TppY8iPKUSU&feature=related
The Triplets of Belleville - c'et une filme francais, n'est pas!
Au Revoir.
jm