Monday, December 6, 2010

Passing time in the "officer's lounge" ...

Yesterday while tooling along at 70mph and only one hour into my northbound leg of a 500 miles trip home to the Bay Area, my BMW moto gave it up. I pulled over to the side of Interstate 5 near San Onofre and tried to coax her alive again. To make a long story short, there's no better place to break down. I'm writing to you from Long Beach BMW and the lounge they provide here is one of the best I've ever been in. It's called the OFFICER'S LOUNGE (see below) because they do all the police, sheriff and CHP motorcycle repair and service. They have endless food, drink, computer, wireless, huge shop and they took my bike in directly {still determining the problem as I write this}. I'd like to point out the boot polisher at lower left while you wait. And if you ever need a motorcycle tow in Los Angeles, Mike Gregor of Motorcycle Transport is the one to call. Mike was very professional, knowledgeable (he knew about this dealership being open today!) and helpful.



No comments: