Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sometimes you just need to look in your battle kit



"If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction." -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

When I was about five years old, my parents let me pick out my first lunchbox. I promptly decided on the "Battle Kit" shown with me in photo below. I carried that thing proudly each day to school for who knows how long.

I've always imagined that we all have our virtual personal battle kits just to get through every day life. There are many good "tools" in the kit if only we remember to look for and then use them.


{photo taken September 1970 in Mill Valley California with my mom Nancy, me looking at camera and brother Ian only two months old}

1 comment:

LifeSailor said...

Sometimes the kit grows, in items or in strength, as we grow, Chee. You've always had a formidable one. Your friends are part of it too, don't forget.