Friday, April 9, 2010

Kumquat ~ enough said...

This afternoon my coworker Brett gave me a good show when he taste-tested a kumquat for perhaps the second time of his life and like many, his face contorted into a series of grimaces for awhile until at the end, he looked sublime. In the past three weeks, I think I've eaten the equivalent of my weight in this amazing fruit because there's a vendor in SF's Chinatown that has the best one's I've ever eaten. With the help of coworker Andrew, we discovered a dish called Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Kumquat-JalapeƱo Marmalade that we both made on two different nights (comparing our techniques)... we highly recommend it if you have the "love of the kumquat" like we do.

By the way, the photo of Brett was taken by his iPhone using a cool app called Hipstamatic that you might need if you have an iPhone!

No comments: