Tuesday, June 30, 2009

No hodophobia* here, thank you ~

From personal experience, the most common reaction from strangers about riding a motorcycle frequently revolves around the issue of fear and danger. The favorite question/statement of all which makes little sense is "what does your mother think of you riding this motorcycle?" as if that had anything to do with it.

My newest facebook friend Gaurav Jani connected with me when he stumbled across this blog and saw my link to his trailer Riding Solo to the Top of the World. It is in "meeting" people like Gaurav that completely inspire me and reaffirms my belief that overcoming fear and doubt is the key to healthy living. I wonder if anyone ever asked Gaurav what his mother thought of his trip?

*HODOPHOBIA means fear of travel, or road travel and can be found among a zillion other classified fears on the PHOBIA LIST website.


Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others.
~Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: