Tuesday, June 9, 2009

back in California (with speed burns)


The past few days have been a bit of a whirlwind and I haven't been able to get my hands on a computer until now. I'm in Mendocino relaxing for the last few days of the trip. Yesterday was a burner as I road for almost 9 straight hours arriving in Trinidad (again) at the same terrific Trinidad B&B at 6pm covering 464 miles. I left Gearhart, OR that day and decided I'd like just to motor on through having been down the Oregon coast several times. So here I am enjoying a latte and trying to recap ~ Oregon coast photos? I'll have to pick a few up from the Internet as I didn't slow down long enough to take many. In the meantime, here are pix from today as I came down the Leggett to Ft. Bragg very twisty 24 mile road after driving through the large redwood tree. The fragrances during this whole trip have been so memorable, the various pine, flowers, wood and soil smells as I ride by, they are everywhere.


I can't seem to resist these rear view mirror shots ~ here's one taken around 2pm today as I emerged from the twisty road above Ft. Bragg ~ the weather continues to be very good.

No comments: