Tuesday, March 24, 2009

jury duty in Heaven?

Yesterday I had to answer a jury summons in Marin so that entailed going to the Marin Civic Center's Hall of Justice. That entire building literally inspires awe in the couple of times I've been there. The patio outside the cafeteria with the fountain and colors reminded me of what I imagine Heaven to be like. Frank Lloyd Wright really pulled out all the stops.


In the meantime, here are some notes I made to myself about the day of serving as a potential juror on a DUI case


  1. Marin has so many retired folks that actually WANT to get on a jury that it's hard to get on one
  2. more than 30 people in our jury pool had been touched by alcohol tragedy of some sort and were dismissed by the defense attorney because of this
  3. the court should disallow gum chewing
  4. there are subtle signs of humor among all the seriousness in a courtroom but one has to look carefully
  5. the job of Bailiff must be the most boring on the planet
  6. I wonder how many people actually get an arrest warrant when throwing away their summons

No comments: