Monday, February 16, 2009

Amgen Tour of California


Stage Two of the Tour started out in my hometown of Sausalito this morning. The closest I got to seeing anything was passing the team Subarus as they made their way down Alexander Ave to the race start. Anyway, I was able to attend the TOUR de CUISINE (affiliated with Tour of California) last night which was pretty fun in that 500 people enjoyed amazing food, wine, dancing and Robin Williams was among the crowd, just chatting with people like one of us (he's a huge bicycle enthusiast). Below is one of the cakes from the evening's event and below that is my friend Todd making a face behind the ice sculpture (at my suggestion).




This final photo was taken by my friend Charlie B who actually fought through the crowds and the wetness to witness the start of the race in Sausalito.

No comments: