Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mantastic and other words that enrich life

When I was in college, I used to read the dictionary while eating breakfast to find a good word for my day. I love words and so now with the convenience of word-a-day subscriptions from websites via e-mail, it's almost overwhelming. One site in particular I must share:

www.urbandictionary.com

I learned about this site when looking up the definition to "hoopty" some three years ago. "Mantastic" is a recent favorite discovery (go check it out). But here's a fun word of the day from back in August of 2007 and I love it because the mention of MY NAME would provoke this fear!

aibohphobia
The irrational fear of [palindrome]s (words that read the same forwards and backwards).

Dude 1: Hey, what's your name?
Dude 2: Bob.
Dude 1: AAAAAAAAAAH! *Runs and hides behind sofa*
Bob: Wow.
Dude 1: AAAAAAAAAAH! *Runs away and falls down stairs*

No comments: