Saturday, September 29, 2007

Cowboy Boot Love -- It's Deep and Life-Long

I often wonder how many things from one's childhood actually hold the same love or admiration and interest in adulthood as they did from earliest memory. I have several such loves and cowboy boots are one of them. There is no doubt it had a special fascination for me due to the association with horses. When I finally did receive my first tan suede pair, I believe I wore them non-stop for a year... even sleeping in them. To this day, I've never seen a person look bad in a pair of boots. I don't think I'm alone in my passion. 


The fascination was so strong that I even had a red plastic 'boot' cup that I had started putting on my foot until my grandmother sent that first pair. So if I wasn't drinking out of the cup, playing with my model horses or wearing the boots... i was firmly committed to riding the plastic spring horse in lieu of the real thing.

No comments: